The dream for many homesteaders is the opportunity to incorporate a family milk cow onto the property. The family milk cow is the matriarch of all homesteads. This majestic cow will provide substance in milk and its many by-products for your family, livestock, and even the pets that reside on the homestead. In all her glory, she is beneficial in more ways than you could imagine.
Before jumping into bringing a family milk cow home, it is best to prepare yourself and your homestead for her arrival. Being confident in caring, feeding, and milking your cow are just a few things one should know. However, these items barely scratch the surface of everything you should know.
Too many individuals often plunge into bringing home a family milk cow with little knowledge, leading to becoming overwhelmed later. Let us help you make this transition easier, allowing you to enjoy your time with the queen of your homestead fully.
The Modern Homestead Milkmaid Workshop
Ann of A Farm Girl in The Making & Acorn Creek Farmstead and Janelle of The Haven Farmstead assembled The Modern Homestead Milkmaid Workshop filled with all the topics they wished they had known before bringing their first dairy cow onto their homesteads. A family milk cow makes sense in most homestead settings, and Ann and Janelle will teach you how to walk through that process confidently.
WHAT YOU WILL LEARN IN THIS TWO-DAY HANDS-ON WORKSHOP
- Picking Your Cow And What Matters
- Disease testing, contract, and necessary paperwork
- Horns to Hooves; the Anatomy of a Cow
- Dairy Terms
- Getting Your Cow Bred
- Calving and Beyond
- Hands-on Milking Experience
- Breaking Down Hand-Milking and Machine Milking
- Cow Care, Feed, and What You Need To Know
- What Supplies to Have on Hand
- In the Field; Fencing, Pasture Rotation, Pasture Health
- What Shelter is Needed
- In the Kitchen; How to Use the milk confidently
- A fillable resource workbook
- AND SO MUCH MORE!
- Breakfast and Lunch will be included on both days.
Join Ann and Janelle on October 27th and 28th, 2023. Before bringing a family milk cow back to the homestead, they will teach you everything you need to know.
Reserve your spot and bring a guest at half price
Janelle and I are excited to offer a BOGO for this extensive hands-on workshop! Everything is better with a spouse or friend at your side, so when you purchase your ticket, the second ticket is half off! Choose the offer on the checkout page to take advantage of this!
If you want to stay at the Acorn Creek guest house on the farm, email Ann at firstname.lastname@example.org for a discounted price for workshop attendees.
Local lodging options include:
- The Guest House at Acorn Creek | Contact Ann at A Farm Girl in the Making.
- Hurricane Inn in Waynesboro
- Thousand Trails Resort in Hohenwald
- Embassy Inn in Hohenwald
- Local Airbnbs
Secure Your Spot TODAY!
You can also contact us at:
- email | email@example.com