Welcome to Acorn Creek Farmstead
The Homesteaders Behind the Farm
Acorn Creek Farmstead is owned and operated by Justin and Ann Scott. The family has been homesteading for the past 8 years, fine tuning their skills with each passing year. Together, they have committed to teaching others how to establish a life centered around clean eating, food ownership, and how to be good stewards of both the land and livestock under their care.
A Teaching Farm for People of All Ages | Learn Traditional Homesteading Skills
Acorn Creek Farmstead is not only a farm, but a learning center for those who seek to live a more sustainable lifestyle. Our farm is dedicated to teaching individuals the skills needed to achieve food freedom.
Food ownership is an essential component in securing a clean, nutrient dense, reliable food source. Generally, this consists of maintaining a garden, raising your own meat, having a milk cow on hand, and keeping poultry for farm fresh eggs. More importantly, we also focus on giving you the ability to preserve your harvest for year round eating.
Homesteading can be overwhelming, especially if you are new to the life you seek to live. There is quite a bit to learn. We are here to help you learn, gain confidence, and succeed.
In partnership with our sister brand, A Farm Girl in the Making, you have the opportunity to build your skills through many avenues:
- Hands-on classes at the farm teaching you the necessary skills to achieve food freedom
- Guided infrastructure tours for those who are new to homesteading
- Field trips for children to learn the importance of being good stewards of the land and animals
- On-line courses through our homesteading school, The Homesteader’s Sustainable Living Academy
- Traditional skills and knowledge from Ann’s book, The Farm Girl’s Guide to Preserving the Harvest
- Additional homesteading resources available on Ann’s website, afarmgirlinthemaking.com
We encourage you to remember that you are not on this journey alone. We look forward to teaching you what you need to know about this lifestyle in order to get to where you want to be.