Acorn Creek Farmstead is not only a farm, but a learning center for those who seek to live a sustainable homesteading life. Our farm is dedicated to teaching individuals the necessary skills to achieve food freedom; allowing those who seek a clean food source to become dependent on oneself.
Food ownership is essential to consuming a clean, nutrient dense foods. How does one get there? By maintaining a garden, raising your own meat, having a milk cow or dairy goats on hand, or by keeping poultry for farm fresh eggs. More importantly, an individual must have the ability to preserve the harvest for year round eating.
Homesteading can be overwhelming, especially if you are new to the life you seek to live. There is quite a bit to learn when you’re just beginning, and we are here to help you reach your goals. By the end of your hands-on workshop or infrastructure tour, you will leave our farm with the confidence and the skills needed to succeed.
If you are unable to learn with us on the farm, that’s okay! In partnership with our sister brand, A Farm Girl in the Making, you have the opportunity to build your skills through many other avenues –
- hands-on workshops at the farm
- guided infrastructure tours for those who are new to homesteading
- educational field trips on the farm for aspiring farm kids
- on-line course through our homesteading school, The Homesteader’s Sustainable Living Academy
- additional homesteading resources can be found on Ann’s website, afarmgirlinthemaking.com
You are not on this journey alone, allow us to teach you what you’ll need in order to get you where you need to be.